Promotion of Biogas Technology
Biogas can be generated from any biodegradable material such as animal waste, plants and food leftovers.
Benefits of the biogas technology
- Generation of bio gas for cooking using human waste and animal waste (Waste to Energy) to partly substitute fire wood currently used in cooking.
- Generation of electricity from biogas
- Replace pit latrines practice with bio latrines technology for human waste management
- Produce manure from bio slurry to be used in gardens as an organic fertilizer
- Improved sanitation in the community through proper waste management by generation of energy
- Save the land for the routine excavation of pit latrines
- Improve the kitchen environment as smoke and particulate matter will be reduced by using bio gas that burns more efficiently than fire wood
- Reduce costs in terms of buying fire wood, transportation, labor for chopping, and save the environment.
- Low maintenance and running costs in a long run as a result of partly substituted fire wood and no routine excavations
What do we offer?
- Design and construction of biogas systems at household, industrial and institutional level.
- Capacity building in design construction and operation.
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs) for biogas technology.
- Training on the operation, maintenance of the system.
- Routine inspection of the performance of the system to ensure compliance with the operation procedures.
- Analyzing of the system data and advice accordingly for promotion of the technology in institutions, homes, cities and towns.